Below are some of our favorite resources around the web we've handpicked just for you.
- Traveler's Checklist - A handcrafted list of tips and tricks to make traveling a little easier.
Airline baggage policies
Many airlines have instituted a policy of charging travelers for checked baggage. Those charges are payable directly to the airline at the time of check-in, and as a result, are not included in the price of your vacation. Below you will find a list of airlines and links to their baggage policy. Baggage policies are subject to change without notice.
Credit Card / Bank ATM Locator
- MasterCard Guide to ATM Machine Locations - For cash and MasterCard transactions worldwide. Search by area where traveler needs to find a machine. Includes addresses and map locator with zoom in features.
- Visa Guide to ATM Machine Locations - Visa Guide to ATM machine locations worldwide. Same as above, including search, addresses and map locator with zoom features.
- Leading Online Guide to Currency Exchange Rate - Interactive charts for instantly calculating the exchange rates between dozens of currencies worldwide. Includes invaluable travel expense calculator, e-mail updates service, a link available to users’ web sites and more. The best site of this kind, now considered a necessary bookmark for travelers.
Dining Restaurant Reviews
- Restaurant Reviews and Information From Zagat Guides - Restaurant reviews and information from Zagat Guides for cities across the U.S. and in some international destinations. Online restaurant ratings are only provided with a membership fee, but even without ratings the dining information is still worth this link.
Passport and visa Information
- US State Department Passport Application - This is the US State Departments official site for passport application and information.
- CIBT Visas - With more than 50 years experience, CIBT and its subsidiaries, VisaCentral, AmericanPassport.com and VisaCenter.com, have become the largest and most well-established travel visa and passport company in the world. They will assist you with passport application and a seamless experience for application of any Visas required for travel.
US Government Info for Travelers
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program - The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
TSA Baggage Rules - It’s important to know that even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane. Also, please note that some dangerous items below are illegal in certain states and passengers will be subject to state law. It is a passenger’s responsibility to be aware that origination and destination cities may have local laws prohibiting the possession of these items.
- TSA Precheck - TSA Pre✓® allows low-risk travelers to experience expedited, more efficient security screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints.
- US State Department Travel Advice for Citizens Overseas - State Department travel site for Office of American Services and Crisis Management. This site focuses on tips for Americans living or spending time overseas and how to contact U.S. government authorities in emergencies.
- The Weather Channel - This site provides travel weather conditions and forecasts, searchable by city and state or zip code. Travel advisories, video weather maps, and long range forecasts are useful for travel dates as far as 10 days away.